OTA HD [ was: [OT] HDTV recommendations? ]

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 13 16:18:17 UTC 2011

Ok.

Can someone tell me, do Analog AIr Waves really fill up the spectrum? And if
it does, what other plans are for them?

Like why are we clearing them up? Is there something else that needs them.

I kinda like Analog OTA.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 08:40:54AM -0700, Tyler Aviss wrote
>
> > Extra points to USB-based tuners that do both analog/digital....
>
>   Are you planning to record analogue channels off of cable?  For OTA.
> analogue (NTSC) tuners will be useless in 80 days from today.  See...
> http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/bdt14.htm
>
> > By August 31, 2011, Canadian local television stations in certain
> > areas will stop broadcasting in analog and will start broadcasting
> > in digital.
>
> --
> Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org>

-- Want to send emails that can't be read by someone else
-- Encrypt with my pgp key which can be found here:
-- https://keyserver.pgp.com/vkd/GetWelcomeScreen.event
-- For more info go here: http://www.gnupg.org/ for GNU Version
-- or here http://www.symantec.com/business/theme.jsp?themeid=pgp
-- For business implementation.