[OT] HDTV recommendations?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 13 16:03:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:32:37AM -0400, Thomas Milne wrote:
> Well, that was the other consideration. I do eventually want a big 1080
> display for our main room, but for the time being, very little of what we
> watch or play is 1080p. Most PS games are 720p, and the movies that I watch
> are the same. I don't buy or rent a lot of BluRay movies because they are
> just too expensive.

Lots of things are 720.  A 720 display is just fine.  A 768 display
isn't a 720.  Now if they gave you the option to use only 15/16's of
the display and make it a true 1280x720 it would suddenly be much nicer,
but of course they don't do that.  You might discover how much better
the picture suddenly looked.

--
Len Sorensen