Wireless routers

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 10 02:20:46 UTC 2011

On 06/09/2011 08:19 PM, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>    So what do I need?

Sounds like any WiFi adapter to get onto the system will work, and a
well-functioning VPN.. Seriously, if you can get on the same WiFi system
that others are sharing it means:

1) preshared key - game over. Any neighbour can see your traffic.
2) Your landlord can see your traffic, which is still the case with 1).
Doubly game over.

At some point you have to trust your upstream provider. I leave that to
my ISP, not my landlord. Landlords manage property, ISPs, packets.

Jamon