Strange KVM Switch Behaviour

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 8 04:45:18 UTC 2011

i have a
 4 port dual view dual-dvi kvm from iogear 1644
i emailed them as my keyboard didn't function as well, in that i have
a datahand that is usb,
and i plug it into the keyboard in usb, and some keys don't work, plug
it into the peripheral usb in (for any usb device to be shared)
and the keyboard works perfect BUT only keyboards in the usb keyboard
in allow for ctrl-ctrl-# and other functions :(
i emailed them, they said they know about it, and will not be updating
firmware anytime soon :( so i bought a
small programmable function keypad to manipulate the kvm, while my
datahand stays in the aux usb port.
Your problem isn't exactly as mine, but if you have a usb key board,
and its special and non-standard in any way,
then that may be it.

tl