BIOS updates in Linux?

Russell Reiter rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 6 19:22:06 UTC 2011

Be careful many dos based utilities limit where they will search for
the rom, usb bus etc.

Try this from.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/663321

Sm1th
Whirlpool Forums Addict

I normally use ...

a rewritable cd
freedos boot image
afudos with bios rom

Bit of a hassle but you don't update your bios everyday.

You can get afudos from here :

dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASU...sh/AFUDOS226.zip

You can get freedos image from here :

www.ibiblio.org/pub/micr...s/1.0/fdboot.img

mount it ..

mount -t vfat -o loop fdboot.img /[whatever dir you want]

I usually make a BIOS directory and copy the rom and afudos in there

unmount make it into an iso

mkdir bootcd
cp fdboot.img bootcd
mkisofs -r -b fdboot.img -c boot.cat -o fdboot.iso bootcd

burn the iso

Boot it up into command prompt cd \BIOS and run afudos /i<ROM filename>

All done.