HDMI out to TV, no sound

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 4 13:50:51 UTC 2011

Well in general I use mplayer. It is so simple and there is no unnecessary
GUI to clutter the screen, and the keyboard shortcuts are nice.

Right now, though, I'm playing with XBMC, and I have to say it is very, very
nice. It is not as nice as the Playstation's XMB, but it's close. Very slick
and professional looking, plus of course it has built in support for DLNA
devices like my WD Mybook World Edition.

I am still using speakers that came with a stereo system my wife bought
almost 20 years ago, with a Fisher amp/tuner that my _mother_ bought _30_
years ago (it actually says 'phono' on it! no one under the age of 40 even
knows what that means...)  So...the sound is what it is ;) But yes, that
would be my next step, getting some decent sound equipment. Bay Bloor
Radio...mmmmmm.

Thomas Milne