NVidia driver failure on new system

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 3 17:49:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 11:42:59AM -0400, Thomas Milne wrote:
> > Then grab the headers from stable for 2.6.32.
> >

> I would have done that, but I can't see them at all in Synaptic. I'm looking
> for a way to do that with apt-get, but...

In /etc/apt/sources.list make sure you have both a deb ... line with
unstable/testing/wheezy or whatever you use and another line with stable.

ie:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

Then apt-get update, and apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64
(or whatever your kernel is).

I can't stand synaptic.  aptitude is OK, but apt-get command line works.
--
Len Sorensen