Computer repair/assembly in Etobicoke?

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 1 22:19:19 UTC 2011

------------------- snip ----------------------------------------
>>> I guess my case doesn't have a speaker. The only wires I have are
>>> Power SW, Power LED +, Power LED -, and HDD LED. Never even
>>> thought about a speaker. I don't think I'll miss the beep.
>
> Some cases have them, some don't anymore.  If the case doesn't have
> one, don't worry about it.  Reset switches seem pretty obsolete too.

I thought the BIOS system used beeps to indicate certain error
conditions? Anyhow if the MB has onboard audio, why is there even a need
for a connection to a speaker? Won't a speaker connected to the onboard
audio catch the beeps?

Ivan.