draytek router for evaluation

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 28 16:20:45 UTC 2011

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 07:03:14AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
>
>> The canadian rep for draytek asked me if I wanted to try out the
>> draytek 2920. Anyone here like to evaluate it ? I don't have cable, so
>> I am going to try out the draytek 2820. Both of these are multi-SSID
>> wireless devices.
>>
>> I'd like whoever this is to honestly evaluate it and send back reports
>> to the list, good or bad. There's only 1 so I have no idea how to
>> determine who gets it. Thoughts ?
>>
> Looks like a decent router for a small company.  Probably total overkill
> for a home user.  The backup links with USB cellular and such are
> different.

It mentions mulitple WiFi VLANs & mulitple SSID.  However, I didn't see
any mention of VLAN on the ethernet side.  With multiple SSIDs, you'd
normally have multiple VLANs on the local LAN too, although you could
make use of 2 in the router for providing internet access to customers,
while keeping your business network separate.