war story (spoiler: dying power supply takes disk drive with it)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 26 19:34:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 02:48:55PM -0400, Jamon Camisso wrote:
> After having a couple Antecs fail on me (I used to swear by them), I'm
> really happy with OCZ now.

Yeah Antec has some good ones and some bad ones.  And the one I just
recommended is in fact an Antec, but it is made by the right manufacturer.
Antec doesn't actually make anything, they just brand and sell it.
Most brands don't make power supplies.

Antec Basiq BP500U is great.
Antec Basiq BP450U is a piece of shit.

Interesting how that works isn't it?  The 450 is a different manufacturer
and a totally different and much worse design.

--
Len Sorensen