Looking for Speakers or Topics [for July and Aug.]

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 10 18:38:38 UTC 2011

On 11-07-09 14:21 , marthter wrote:
> I would like to attend something on this.

Sure thing, Martin. Just working on my outline now.

Some of the very Linux-specific things about ham radio - like AX25
packet support in the kernel - are no longer widely used, since
wireless* and mobile technology are more common now. I'll do a bit on
the why and how of licensing, setting up a station, then focus on Linux
applications for rig programming and control, digital modes and logging.
I'd hoped to have my SDR to show, but it seems to be delayed

Ham radio is such a wide topic with a complex culture that there are
aspects that might totally float your boat that most other people won't
have heard of. If anyone has something they want me to cover, let me
know, and I'll see what I can dig up.

 Stewart

*: which was the term my grandparents used for radio. They'd always turn
on the radio a few minutes before the news through force of habit of
letting the valves warm up ...