Atari computer(s) available

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 5 16:46:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> At least a couple of others on the list used STs back in their day.

I have a 1040STe that was upgraded to 2MB hiding in a closet.  I think
the monitor's still in Texas :-).

> There was a Linux port, but only to later STs -- ones with MMUs.  That
> would be the TT and the Falcon.  Neither of those sold very well.  If
> anyone is disposing of a Falcon, I'd take it.

The Falcon was pretty nearly "legendary," in various relevant senses.
I don't think they ever got a production line going, so any units out
there are likely-hand-made prototypes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Falcon

The Transputer-based ATW would also be interesting.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Transputer_Workstation>  Perfect
for all your Occam needs!  (Except that the ATW possibly didn't run
Occam, and your Occam needs are likely better served by tock
<http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/tock/trac/>.)