OT: Unhashed passwords

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 5 13:58:55 UTC 2011

I group my into essential site, which will have unique password, and
don't care sites which i will use the same password

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Anyone know if there's a listing of sites/domains that keep user passwords
> in an unhashed form?
>
> I just noticed that webex has a link to retreive (not reset) my password.
> Sad to see that decent-sized companies often still haven't figured out the
> simply security precautions that I've seen in even tiny startups.
>
> It would be nice to keep track of such places so that I can ensure using a
> more "throwaway" variety of passwords...

you can always find out yourself by requesting a forgot password at said site.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-22-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.1