Cheap, Debian/NetBSD Compatible ARM Board

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 5 03:55:39 UTC 2011

| From: Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Has anyone come across a cheap (less than $50) NetBSD/Debian compatible ARM
| board?

It really depends on what your objective function is?  How
important/valuable are various capabilities?

I was very tempted by the $50 price on the Pogoplugs I saw at Bestbuy
last Friday.  (London Drugs was selling them a while back for $40.)

I guess that this is related to Pogoplug dropping hardware products:
<http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/pogoplug-drops-the-hardware-and-becomes-software-only-video-22-06-2011/>

Google seems to yield less information than last time I checked.
I think that these have a 1.2GHz Mavell Sheva ARM chip, 256M RAM, 4 or so USB
ports, 128M flash, 1GHz ethernet.  Several Linux ports.

<https://wiki.xkyle.com/PogoplugV2>