Best practice for network configuration

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 1 17:46:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:41:58PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
>I used to be "cfengine partisan," and haven't actually grown into any
>liking of Puppet, but am a little more agnostic once the author
>decided that the *real* version of CFEngine ("Nova") was to be a
>proprietary thing, with the consequence that any new features that
>crop up that are deeply good are left out of the "community edition."

That is a bit to general.  The community free version of Cfengine has
most of the features that Nova does.  Nova has some centralized
reporting which is something that an enterprise organization would want
to pay for.  The core of both versions are exactly the same.  To suggest
that Mark Burgess has 'sold out' is a bit much.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant