Linux on a Vortex86 processor

steven meyer steven.meyer-bdq14YP6qtRg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 27 18:04:46 UTC 2011

On 27-Jan-11 12:53 PM, meng wrote:
> Hi Len
>
> Thanks for the prompt response and the info.
> I had suggested a minimal install with Debian or he could try the minimal distros.
>
> I have to agree with you, not my choice of hardware.
>
> Meng

I have one of these which I installed with Debian (I forget which
version).  I remember having a lot of trouble with the network driver.
It's roughly equivalent in performance to the Compaq I bought around
1995.  Nice form factor though, with space for a small hard drive.
Pity the manufacturer did not keep up with the improvements in technology.

Steven