USB, Toshiba

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 24 16:16:41 UTC 2011

I started the subject. Let me hence have a few words to conclude.

I was not able to use the drive initially. It was not listed by
/sbin/lsusb after connected to. There was no ANY message in dmesg.

My coworker using Windows (we have however in our small group at
university a strong tendency to use Linux rather) did try to use it from
Windows - no success. And after that she did that:

Turn off computer. Connect the drive by USB cable. Turn on the USB
drive. Turn on the computer.

That way she was able to see the content of the USB drive.

After this, I did the same on Linux. NTFS! Oh, well... So I did ext2
partitioning and mkfs.

Now things are ok.

zb.