USB, Toshiba

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 20 17:02:27 UTC 2011

Duncan MacGregor wrote:
> Then you have been lucky. USB devices that are starved for power do not
> tell you so. They just fail to work properly.

I didn't get "lucky". The device is designed to use the USB port for all its
power requirements. There is no external power adapter provided and no means
to provide any other form of power to the external hard drive.

The "lucky" part is not having to figure out where a wall wart for an
external drive would be plugged in as one wasn't needed.