Admin/developer job

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 11 05:48:04 UTC 2011

If you were on a tight memory system, wouldn't the O(logN) sort be best,
but on assumed resources available the O(1) hash table is what they
wanted in the answer?
Of course a grossly small hash would end up doing mostly linear runs
in the overflow buckets, making it worst then O(logN) sort.
And if memory was really restricted, a exhaustive scan and mark would
be the only way O(N^2) with only a bit needed for each (in additional
storage).
I am assuming the question had some "additional info" ?
tl