Anyone interested in mobilicity don't bother if you want to use VPN or VOIP

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 6 00:59:11 UTC 2011

On 01/05/2011 06:02 PM, Dave Germiquet wrote:
> Why this bothers me the most is that if you call them, and say what
> internet restrictions are there, they will say none.

I ran into something similar with Wind, actually. When I was looking to
switch to them from Rogers, they told me that no ports were restricted.
This turned out to be true only for their Internet sticks; A difference
that the rep didn't understand.

That said, they do open most/all well known ports, like VPN. I solved
this in the end by setting up a gateway server that I can bounce through
as needed. This turned out to be particularly beneficial as I've come to
use screen on the remote gateway, which makes dropping signal a minor
inconvenience.

In summary, Wind is still good, but it is not wide open either. Further,
*any* carrier can change their rules and open ports at any time, despite
what they might say...

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org