[OT} vps hosting

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 3 08:26:59 UTC 2011

just checking out vps hosting, i am looking for a host that provides
full control of what linux i get to install as well anything else on my
server

should the server fail to boot because i pooched it, there should be a
fail-safe recovery where i can remotely login and re-image/install a
base linux to get my server running again (not have to call service for
this), of course i should have ssh so i can build and install packages

the two i found which give me this are

http://vpslink.com/vps-hosting/
http://www.linode.com/

what's improtant to me are:

1) daily backups
2) storage should be using a raid setup

is there any other host you guys know that might provides something
extra in term of service, performance or price?

thanks

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-23-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.3