really cheap and inexpensive system, today only

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 27 17:27:24 UTC 2011

| From: solarflow99 <solarflow99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 1:33 AM, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

| > I'm trying to save lunch money for SandyBridge.  With my luck, AMD will
| > come out with Bulldozer 1 week after I buy Intel. :-)

| hope you would get one with the CPU fix..  or just wait for ivy bridge 22nm

[I hope you don't mind that I've fixed your top-posting.]

Intel has been very good about disclosing this problem and attempting
very expensive rectification.  A few systems have not been recalled
because it was determined that the bug (something to do with the SATA
interface) would not affect those systems.

(I still have a pair of P60 processor chips, one with the infamous
FDIV bug and one without.  I got rid of the boxes last year but kept
the processors.  The FDIV bug fiasco taught Intel some lessons.)