Byron Sonne....

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 27 03:58:22 UTC 2011

i stated in my email i didn't have the facts, i stated what i heard,
it took up a decent amount for press,
he (somehow) attracted attention as someone who "could" have caused a
problem at the summit
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/02/25/majority-of-g20-charges-against-security-consultant-byron-sonne-dropped/
irregardless of whether he did it or not, my point was (at a minimum),
was he warned and did he continue,
morally (if he was warned, and did continue), he was morally wrong in
detouring resources that could
have saved lives if there was an issue. He obviously did focus a lot
of attention on himself,
maybe in the end, this is exactly what he wanted to happen (a big deal
made of it)
because he was frustrated with the system and couldn't think of any other way.
I will reserve my judgment until the facts come out.
but, someone deserves to serve some time, him, or a police chief,
whoever - chuck someone in prison.
someone screwed up and endangered Canadians lives, and needs to pay.
If terrorists antraxed union station, and it wasn't caught because of
a "wild goose chase",
now that would just be dam peachy wouldn't it?
There are major idiots in the legal system and in government but I
like to think there are some
check and balances that mean this couldn't have gotten this far
without some teeth - yeah I know
"wishful thinking". If he was set up, someone framed him? then hey, he
will get 20 million for his time spent,
not so bad i suppose, i'd take 20M for 8-24 in a health spa, and he
will have promoted his cause too (whatever it is).
But I hope he gets fair due process, I hope (if he is innocent), he
gets his 20M (to which i will pay my 4$ of it), and I hope whoever in
the system
screwed up, get prison time (to which i will be paying another .40$
for their incarceration each year).
Fortunately my last paragraph clears me of any "shockingly ignorant on
several levels" and being "unforgivably insensitive"

tl