Byron Sonne....

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 26 05:19:31 UTC 2011

On 02/26/2011 12:07 AM, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> Its so ironic that people who come to this country to escape persecution
> and tyranny, would find it here.

Canada is still a very, very good country. But cracks are forming, and
we must close them as soon and as aggressively as we can. This is what
Byron was trying to do.

The thing is, as geeks, we live on the periphery of society. This has
always been true. There is something of a fear in some people that they
need to rely on people like us to make their daily high tech lives work.
All the while, most of us just want to be left alone so that we can
code, tinker and study. They think what they might do if they had the
power they perceive in us (rightly or wrongly), and that breeds fear.

What we have going for us here is that people are standing up and making
sure that those who would abuse their power are held to account. It's
*nothing* like what is happening in the Arab Awakening, but it's our
country and it's our fight.

Be engaged and Canada will remain the haven it has traditionally been.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com