The main advantage of a pre-loaded OS...

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 25 17:18:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:55:57AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:42:03AM -0500, William Park wrote:
> > Can you post more detail on this?
> >
> > When I install NVidia's binary driver, I simply do
> >     ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-260.19.36.run
> > and I don't touch kernel config, at all.
>
> Well in that case, your kernel source must have been somewhere
> /lib/modules/<version>/build/ links to.

Yes.  I thought Walter meant 'config-2.6.38' file.

One reasone I want to try AMD/ATI is that NVidia is on the way out.
They're being squeezed by AMD and Intel from the bottom, so NVidia is
concentrating on higher end.  But, this is typical route that many other
business went, before pricing themselves right out of the market.
--
William