xbindkeys

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 24 13:58:58 UTC 2011

I've just discovered xbindkeys and xbindkeys-config, which allow me to
create hot keys that I can take with me from window manager to window
manager without having to master the syntax of a new WM config file
every time.  But I'm running into a problem: when I run "xbindkeys"
(or "xbindkeys &") in my ~/.xinitrc file, I get one key-press
("hot-key-press?") and it goes dead.  If I run "xbindkeys" from a
terminal, all is good thereafter.  Any thoughts on getting it to
launch consistently and properly?

I'm currently running Debian wheezy i386 on the netbook in question,
and the wmii window manager.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/