Why I've switched to Opera

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 22 17:29:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:45:36AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote

> No pure 64bit firefox?  Really?

  Because the post I was replying to said that I was comparing
source-code versus compiled executable, I deliberately chose
firefox-bin.  The Gentoo ebuild, at least, appears to require 32-bit
compatability support in a 64-bit install.  That's not "pure 64-bit" as
far as I'm concerned.  Do you have 32-bit multilib support enabled?
Here's what I got when trying to emerge firefox-bin in a 64-bit
environment with no 32-bit multilib support...

[i3][root][~] emerge -pv firefox-bin

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "firefox-bin" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
request:
- www-client/firefox-bin-3.6.13 (masked by: package.mask)
/usr/portage/profiles/features/64bit-native/package.mask:
# AMD64 Team <amd64-aBrp7R+bbdUdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org>
# Mask packages that rely on amd64 multilib

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.