Truecrypt kernel issues

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 21 23:00:45 UTC 2011

Hello

Sometime back 2005?, I do recall truecrypt was in the kernel.  That
was just about the same time AES got in the kernel.  Shortly after
that, there was controversy, do not recall the details but truecrypt
ended up being yanked out of the kernel.  I have done a bit of
googling to refresh myself of the episode, but google does not seem to
pick anything to do with that affair.

Anyway one recall why truecrypt was removed from the kernel?  Or at
least, anyone able to get a link about that commotion? I was
interested to check it to see if that issue still exist in the current
version of truecrypt

Regards

William