House of Commons requires Microsoft

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 19 16:06:00 UTC 2011

<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/mps-cant-buy-ipads-on-taxpayer-dime/article1913814/>

MPs are not allowed to expense iPads.  The reason: they aren't
from Microsoft.  Wow.

Note: iPads can fit into an MS ecosystem: just run iTunes software under
Windows.  They don't fit into a Linux ecosystem nearly as well.

What hope does Linux have in such a bizarre environment.

PS: I would reluctantly understand "we don't support".  I don't understand
"you cannot expense".  Surely MPs ought to be treated as adults.