Can Windows 7 tolerate changes in partition sizes?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 18 18:47:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 09:45:14PM -0500, William Park wrote:
> Don't touch the harddisk.  OEM versions often creates partitions other
> than for Windows.  Furthermore, if you do "factory install" in the
> future for some reason, you'll lose Linux partition.  I would
>     - install Linux on USB harddisk, and boot from it.  Of course, this
>       depends on BIOS being able to boot from USB disk.
>     - (as already mentioned) install VirtualBox on Windows, and install
>       Linux inside VM.

OP didn't mention if it's desktop or laptop.  Assuming it's desktop, you
can install harddisk enclosure, and insert Linux harddisk when you want
to boot Linux.  I have
    <http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_203&item_id=017324>
and I like very much because it doesn't need additional "tray".  You can
insert/remove harddisk like floppy.

--
William