Watson and Jeopardy

John Myshrall jmyshrall-v+ARZjKqHIj3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 16 12:34:01 UTC 2011

On 11-02-15 07:45 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSPvHcLnN0 is the first half of the
>> show.
>> The game starts about 6:30 in.
>
> Brilliant. Thank you, Lennart. By checking the other postings of the
> person who uploaded part 1 I found part 2. For anyone else interested,
> the URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtHlxzOXgYs
I watched last nights episode. Very impressive. I will not mention
details of the results but it was hilarious at some points.  I have my
DVR set to record tonight's episode.

Hopefully IBM is serious about utilizing this technology to help people.
What would be totally amazing if some philanthropist would buy out the
technology and make it open source.

Imagine every hospital having their own Dr House on staff that gets the
diagnoses correct in the first minute. It might might make for boring TV
but quality of life and wait times would surely go down.

John