Arduino...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 14 15:31:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Fabio FZero <fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The music geeks are all over this too. There's a cross between two
> open-source hardware project -- Arduinome = Monome + Arduino -- that's
> generating some very interesting results.
>
> http://flipmu.noisepages.com/work/arduinome/
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzBfXTAE1ss&feature=related

Yes, a number of artistic areas have found ways to use the Arduino.
Here are some examples:

Want to connect an electronic keyboard to an Arduino:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-MIDI-in-shield/

"Smart" clothing :
http://www.instructables.com/id/Programmable-LilyPad-EL-Wire-Dress/

Smart sculpture:
http://www.instructables.com/id/working-progress-n-how-to-make-a-multilayered-a/

Further, since the design is all free there are Arduino knock-offs
available, the most extreme example I know of is :
http://www.instructables.com/id/Perfboard-Hackduino-Arduino-compatible-circuit/
. An Arduino compatible for under $8 (U.S.) ... okay, so it has a
number of limitations the original doesn't have, but for some projects
it would do just fine...

Colin.