Nokia to use Window mobile 7

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 11 22:04:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 2:24 PM, William Muriithi
<william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> I may be missing something, but is there a chance of this working out?
>  I mean, the whole engineering culture between the two firms is really
> different.  I see a lot of Nokia developers not staying long with that
> company, but I could be wrong.
>
> Its a great deal for Microsoft though, but I highly doubt it will turn
> well for Nokia.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12427680
>
> Time will tell

It's funny, I read the other day that smart phone sales were higher
than PC sales last year, and I thought 'jeez, what is Microshaft going
to do?'.

...and here we are.

Yeah, they have no choice but to get their OS onto as many phones as
possible as soon as possible or they are history. Microsoft simply
cannot function unless they are at least a near-monopoly, so watch for
some interesting shenanigans in the near future.

--
TBM