GMail to Mobile won't work

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 11 16:44:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Andrew Malcolmson <andmalc-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> @Thomas
>
> I have a Google Apps domain (I suppose that's what you have) so I
> tried forwarding with it.  Now I see what you're talking about.
>
> Looks like they fixed the issue for regular accounts back in July but
> still haven't for user domains.   I wonder how they could have let a
> bug that would be so trivial to fix go on so long.   For what it's
> worth, I filled a support request.

Thanks but so have a thousand other people at this point. It looks
like Google's sol'n was to move the confirmation code to the subject
line, but for some reason they still put it after a bunch of text, so
someone in between GMail and the SMS gateway is truncating the subject
line as well. I've seen posts on this subject that it is something to
do with Bell Canada (that I would not doubt it in the least, they
really are fully equipped idiots).

So even if they 'fix' the issue for custom domains, it won't help me
unless they move the confirmation code to the beginning of the
text/subject.

--
TBM