$1k ThinkPad Canada Coupon Code | Employee Pricing Event

John Myshrall jmyshrall-v+ARZjKqHIj3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 10 22:29:01 UTC 2011

On 10/02/11 15:44, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:09:21AM -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:
>> Sounds like a great deal if one is in the market for a laptop. Makes you
>> wonder a bit if someone made a mistake in allowing anyone to get in on
>> these deals by just providing a code and not having to prove employee
>> status.
> Employees always get this price.  This coupon is a sale to consumers
> giving them the same prices employees already get.
>
>> Better get them while you can (before someone wises up to the mistake).
> Not a mistake.  I got the coupon in my email from lenovo this morning.
>
> It is even on the front page:
> http://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/index.html

I stumbled upon this recently.  According to the Linux foundation you
get employee pricing from the likes of Dell, HP and Lenovo when you
become a member.  Anyone a member that can shed some light on this?

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/join/individual/join.

The Linus August 25, 1991 e-mail T-shirt is cool IMHO.

John