[TLUG] Wireless Router

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 9 16:26:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Kevin Morris <kevjmorris-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My current wireless router is acting up, lots of dropped connections, very
> frustrating, can't wait to take a hammer to it :)
>
> Any suggestions/recommendations for a good wireless router for home use in a
> condo that is about 1000 sq feet.
>
> Cheers
> Kevin

Well, given the group your on, honor sort of demands that you be
pointed at routers that can run some of the projects listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wireless_router_firmware_projects

In my case I am running Tomato Linux
(http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato) on one of the old (pre-version 5)
Linksys WRT54G routers. I am happy with the combination I have. If I
were shopping for new hardware right now, I would if money was tight
go for a Linksys WRT54GL. If money wasn't so tight I would look at
dual band Linux supporting routers, some of which are listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_routers .

Colin McGregor