GMail to Mobile won't work

Andrew Malcolmson andmalc-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 8 17:57:10 UTC 2011

@Myles & James:  Thanks, email sending from Gmail to <my cell
number>@pcs.rogers.com works for me.  For some reason triggering
forwarding using a filter doesn't but that's for another day.

@Thomas: I didn't have any issues with the confirmation code.  It was
only 8 characters long.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Myles Braithwaite wrote:
>>
>> It may cost some extra money to do this.
>
> One thing I've noticed with Rogers is they send you a message advising that
> the SMS is available.  Since that message also identifies the source, I
> don't bother receiving the SMS message, so no charge.  I use this to be
> notified of voice mail on my home phone.

FYI:  you can ask Rogers tech to disable the notifications so you get
the emails directly.   Most people won't want this unless you're sure
your emails are short!