Flash Video -- help!

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 7 20:31:26 UTC 2011

To those who are watching Flash Video without any problem, I'd appreciate some
insights and pointers!

My problem:

        Flash Video is slightly choppy at full screen.  My monitor is 1600x1200,
so I guess the  full screen video is 1600x900.

What I have:

        - Athlon II X2 260 (dual-core, 3.2GHz, 2MB)
        - nVidia GeForce 8500
        - Firefox 4 (beta)
        - Adobe Flash Player 64-bit "square" preview version
        - kernel 2.6.37 (x86_64, SMP, preemptive)

What I want:

        Smooth Flash Video at full screen.

What should I do?

        1. Should I upgrade the video card to GeForce 430 ?  I borrowed GeForce
250, and did see some improvement but not that much.  GeForce 430 is advertised
to be better at "multimedia" things.

        2. Should I get a whole new computer?  Eg. i7-870 quad-core which goes
up to 3.6GHz, assuming Turbo Boost works.  My current computer is already 3.2GHz
dual-core, so I don't think similar i3/i5 will bring a substantial speedup.
Then, again, may be they might.  I don't know.

Any advice will be appreciated.
--
William