GMail to Mobile won't work

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 7 05:44:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Thomas Milne
<tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Anyone using GMail to receive texts on their mobile? I tried to set up
> GMail to forward mail to my phone, but apparently there's an ongoing
> problem. GMail sends a confirmation code and it gets cut off by the
> phone because it is too long. People have been harassing Google to fix
> this, it looks like, but I could not find any answer or solution.
>
> Anyone have this working?

Okay, clearly this method is going nowhere.

Is there _any_ webmail that someone has successfully forwarded to
their mobile gateway? I tried Hotmail, for some reason it's 'not
supported' for Virgin Mobile, tried Yahoo but they only allow
forwarding if you pay for Plus. Any other suggestions?

--
TBM