DDR3-1333 vs. DDR3-16000

aaron d instantkamera-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 5 13:25:08 UTC 2011

On my AMD system, at least, memory and CPU are set by FSB and multipliers.
RAM has a separate multiplier than the CPU, so I am able to run it at it's
stock speed(ddr3-1600). I can also tighten the timings to those stated in
the literature for my RAM. All this doesnt effect the CPU speed at all. One
thing to note is that it is very hard to find DDR3 that aruns at the SPEC
voltage (1.5). While most baords will support giving more juice, you have to
pay attention. IF you know what kind of RAM voltage settings your current
board has, that is good.