CRTC Internet Ruling To Be Reversed

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 3 19:57:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 11:40:33AM -0800, William Park wrote:
> WiFi cloud over GTA would be the cheapest solution.
> But, I think Google tried something like that and failed.

Cheap?  Really?

Crappy is what it would be.  Wifi really sucks when it comes to bandwidth.
Way more bandwidth when you can seperate things into seperate cables
that don't interfere with each other.  Fiber optics are probably ideal
for bandwidth.

I suspect One fibre optic cable could carry more data than combining
all the wifi spectrum you could get below 10Ghz.  After all lab tests
have pushed 100Pbps through a single fiber optic cable.  Tbps speeds
are trivial on fibre these days.

--
Len Sorensen