Ubuntu first time

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 30 19:42:23 UTC 2011

On 30/12/11 02:22 PM, Alex Gabriel wrote:
>> Through my experimentation with PCLinuxOS back in 2006/2007, I
>> discovered KeePassX, a cross platform password manager.  While some of
>> my at work use Windows, the majority are Linux based.  Having the
>> ability to access a single encrypted password file [CIFS share mounted
>> on each system] making management of the systems here much simpler.
>>
>> FYI, I just noticed the garbage at the end of my signature.  Sorry for
>> that, I'll ensure I don't send anything from my BlackBerry until I
>> figure out how to change the formatting.
>
> As another reason why I prefer to use PCLinuxOS, it natively supports
> Opera, my preferred web browser.  I don't need to download the package
> using Firefox, and then install it, and remove Firefox.  It's a small
> issue, of course, but if it means one less thing I have to do in the
> event I need to setup another system, so much the better.

Mint have an Opera deb:

apt-cache madison opera
     opera | 11.60.1185-1linuxmint | http://packages.linuxmint.com/
debian/import amd64 Packages

With Mint you have your choice of the Gnome 3 or the forked version
called Cinnamon that is designed to be similar to Gnome 2. Then there is
very nice integration with KDE, XFCE or LXDE amongst other desktop
environments.