Ubuntu first time

Alex Gabriel alexgabriel-Nmj6Sl6vboSovDFt+AQlJdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 30 19:22:27 UTC 2011

On 30 December 2011 14:18, Alex Gabriel <alexgabriel-Nmj6Sl6vboSovDFt+AQlJdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 30 December 2011 14:09, Zbigniew Koziol <softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On 12/30/2011 10:26 PM, Alex Gabriel wrote:
>>>
>>> These are similar complaints I had when testing Ubuntu.  As a result of
>>> this, I moved off *buntu completely, selecting PCLinuxOS and haven't looked
>>> back.
>>
>> Does PCLinuxOS has a comparable to ubuntu abilities to install additional
>> packages? Is it debian based?

As another reason why I prefer to use PCLinuxOS, it natively supports
Opera, my preferred web browser.  I don't need to download the package
using Firefox, and then install it, and remove Firefox.  It's a small
issue, of course, but if it means one less thing I have to do in the
event I need to setup another system, so much the better.

Alex Gabriel
Dimensia Design Studio
alexgabriel-Nmj6Sl6vboSovDFt+AQlJdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org