mobile access - is it possible to get connected to IP?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 28 14:53:42 UTC 2011

Here is Russia mobile internet access is quite popular. They sell mobile
modems, similar to these memory keys, for USB.

I did not figure out yet how o use it. Some companies claim that it is
supported on some versions of Linux, but no instructions are available.
On another hand, the latest Ubuntu version I have has a something that
looks like configuring a broadband 3G wireless access in its network
configuration.

I wonder: is it possible to access a computer, from the internet, that
uses that kind of connection? Let say that I use that mobile modem key
and run a web server on my computer. Is it possible to get access to my
web server from the wired internet? I guess that that that may depend on
security policy of the company providing the mobile access.

Right?