[OT] 47 year old television signals bouncing back to Earth

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 23 14:16:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, James Knott wrote:

> Thomas Milne wrote:
>> Not only that, but the URL isn't even BBC.

The article gets more and more suspicious as it goes along :)

I've read on various science sites that physicists now think that TV &
radio signals eminating from Earth degrade beyond recognition well before
they get to even Alpha Centauri.

> Not only that, but if aliens actually watched some of those TV shows, they'd
> conclude there was no intelligent life here.  ;-)

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth"
   -- The Galaxy Song, Monty Python

Cheers,

Rob (who is late to the thread)

--