Semi-OT: Go Daddy and SOPA

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 21:55:55 UTC 2011

Something I first heard about via Fabio Neves...

Seems domain registrar Go Daddy is supporting SOPA (
http://support.godaddy.com/godaddy/go-daddys-position-on-sopa/ ). SOPA
is a toxic bit of legislation working its way though the US Congress (
www.popularmechanics.com/science/mythbusters/articles/mythbuster-adam-savage-sopa-could-destroy-the-internet-as-we-know-it-6620300
).

I would strongly recommend anyone using Go Daddy as a registrar move.

The next question, as a Canadian living in Canada but with a domain
hosted via a USA based (non-Go Daddy) registrar, where do I move my
.org so as to be as immune (as is possible) to the impact of SOPA?

Thanks.

Colin.