PC Routers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 03:19:42 UTC 2011

CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> I thought so, too, until I upgraded to a gigabit switch. It comes in
> handy when copying large files on the LAN.

There's no reason why the rest of your LAN can't be Gb.  The switch
takes care of the difference between ports.  Unlike the days of coax &
hubs, the different devices do not have to be the same speed.  You could
have 10 Mb, 100 Mb, Gb and 10 Gb (assuming the switch can handle all
those speeds) on the same switch and it will all work together.