Network Attached Temperature Monitor?

David van Geest david.vangeest-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 20 20:41:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Stephen W. Clarke <stephenc-wtWqQT8woy8 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone on this list know where I can get my hands on a network
> attached thermometer that can send email if the temperature gets out of
> range?

I actually just worked on a project that does this exact thing.  The
thermometer itself isn't network-attached, but it uses RF to talk to
an Internet-connected bridge which sends your data to a server.  The
server will email you or send a text message if it gets over a
user-defined threshold.  It integrates with a bunch of other
weather-related sensors that may or may not be of interest to you.

Here's the marketing website:  http://www.acurite.com/mybackyardweather

I am in no way responsible for the UI design or the forecasting
algorithms..... :-).