Rescuing a Damaged USB Stick

Mon Dec 19 05:17:04 UTC 2011

I've got an nice clean image of a USB stick on my hard drive.  I'm
pretty sure there is still data on it - stings returns *oodles* of
stuff.  The problem is that there is no partition table on this thing -
gpart says that there are no partitions.

So, I can't mount the image (or the stick) 'cause there are no
partitions.  I'm pretty sure it was a FAT32 stick, so I'd love to
somehow replace the partition table on the image I've got and see if I
can pull off some of that data.

Anyone have a set of documents for this?  I've found lots of
almost-useful information, including some really old docs, but nothing
that says "do this!" for my situation.

Thanks!
--

yours,