Eclipse Adventures on Fedora 16

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 12 03:08:17 UTC 2011

On 12/10/2011 05:55 PM, Ian Petersen wrote:
> You're missing the class named org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException, which
> suggests to me that you either have an incomplete classpath or you're
> missing a dependency. I'd start by searching to see what's supposed to
> provide that class, and then see if you have whatever that is.

I had yet a third Eclipse distro installed, Titanium Studio but I hadn't
been able to install the Trac adapter for Mylyn on that one due to
missing dependencies. I was able to figure that out and now I have a
working and fast IDE that has the things I care about. The Titanium
framework seems pretty interesting for mobile development. They claim
you can create native applications targeting iOS, Android, and soon,
BlackBerry, with one code base.

I'm going to ignore the Eclipse that I'd installed via yum for now and
just use Titanium Studio.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay